This hardwood charcuterie board/cutting board was handcrafted in Clover, SC.
As with all wood products, grain and color will vary between every board.
Measures Approximately 21" x 8" x 3/4".
Live Edge Walnut Charcuterie/Cheese Board
- It is recommended to apply an even coat of Cypress DesignWorks Board Wax to all surfaces of your wood cutting board once a month board using a cloth or disposable towel. Allow the Wax to sit overnight, then wipe off any excess oil. Apply additional oil to any visible dry spots or for any other necessary reasons.
- Cypress DesignWorks Board Wax is a food-grade wax that contains genuine beeswax and food-grade oil. This provides a protective top layer to the wood surface against foods and liquids.
- Between applications of our Board Wax, applying a generous portion of Food Grade Mineral Oil (can be purchased at your local grocery store) will help keep your boards vibrant.
- DO NOT allow liquids of any type to stand on the cutting board for long periods of time. DO NOT let fresh, wet meats lay on the board longer than necessary. Brine, water and blood contain much liquids, which soak into the wood, causing the cutting board to expand, the wood to soften, and affects the strength of the glued joints.
- Use a good steel scraper or spatula several times a day, as necessary, to keep the cutting surface clean and sanitary. Scraping the surfaces will remove 75% of the liquids. Do not use a steel brush on the cutting surface of your board.
- Do not cut fish or poultry on the cutting board work surface, unless you have thoroughly followed the instructions in step #1. The moisture barrier must be intact prior to cutting any type of fish, seafood, or poultry on the cutting board work surface. Always thoroughly clean the cutting board after working with poultry.
- Be sure not to cut continuously in the same surface area. Distribute your cutting over the entire work surface so that it will wear evenly. Do not use a razor-edged cleaver. It will chip or splinter the wood and produce soft spots. Your cleaver should have a dull sharpened edge for best results.
- Sanitize your cutting board by wiping all surfaces down with mild dish soap and water. Dry thoroughly. Do not wash your wood cutting board with harsh detergents of any type. Do not wash your butcher's tools on your cutting board surface. Do not put wood cutting boards into dishwasher.
- If your cutting board is reversible, it should be turned over periodically to allow even usage to both work surfaces.